Candidate Privacy Notice
Dokobit is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Candidate Privacy Notice sets out the basis for the processing of your personal data in connection with our recruitment processes. Please read the following document carefully, to learn about our standard practices for handling your personal data.
Data we collect from you or other sources
Dokobit collects a range of information about you. This information includes but is not limited to:
- data that you have entered on the Candidate Application Form on our website, including full name, email address, telephone number, resume, GitHub profile, and LinkedIn profile;
- data that you have provided us in your application documents (resume or curriculum vitae, cover letter), including work experience, education, qualifications, previous work or other experience, language skills, and any additional personal details that you have voluntarily provided us;
- details of the type of employment you are looking for, current and/or desired salary, and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- other information publicly available about you on the internet, such as information provided on LinkedIn (only data relevant to your professional life);
- received data from third parties, recommending you as a Candidate for a specific or a potential job opening.
Use of your personal data
We may use your data for the following purposes:
- recruitment, selection, evaluation, and appointment for the job you have applied for and subsequent job opportunities within Dokobit;
- to communicate with you and inform you of the current status of your application and prospects;
- where necessary, to comply with a legal obligation that applies to us under labour law, such as ensuring equal opportunity monitoring and reporting, complying with legal processes or enforceable government requests, such as search warrants, subpoenas, or court orders.
Legal basis for processing
We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data during the recruitment process and keeping records of the process. Processing data from job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm candidate’s suitability for employment, and decide to whom to offer a job.
If your application is unsuccessful, we may keep your data if there are future employment opportunities that may suit you.
Who has access to your data
We make sure to share your personal data only with those who need it to perform their duties and tasks. We may internally share your data with the HR team, managers, or other team members involved in the recruitment process.
We may be required to disclose your personal data to regulatory authorities to comply with applicable law or valid legal processes, such as search warrants, subpoenas, or court orders.
When we disclose your personal data to comply with applicable law or legal process, we take reasonable steps to ensure that we only disclose the minimum personal data necessary for the specific purpose and circumstances.
How long we keep personal data
We usually do not keep the data we process during the application phase for longer than six months. If you do not get hired, we erase your data without delay after the hiring process. If, however, we decided to keep the personal data that you have provided us for future job opportunities, we would ask for your consent for this purpose, and you would be free to withdraw it at any time. The period for which we would retain your personal data would be defined in more detail when we ask for your consent. We may store your personal data in our systems, including email.
If you are offered and accept employment with us, the data collected during the application and recruitment process becomes a part of your employment record.
You are entitled to object to us processing your personal data. You may ask us for an overview or a copy of your data. You may also request us to correct or delete specific data, restrict its processing, or transfer some of this data to other organisations. If you object to the processing of your data, you can withdraw this consent at any time.
You can contact us if you want more information about these legitimate interests.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com
Changes to this notice
We reserve the right to modify this Notice by posting changes to our website. If you submit additional data or request to be considered for our position following the effective date of the modified Notice, we will handle your Candidate data following the Notice in effect at that time.